ICDE 2012 is expected to bring together leading researchers from academia and industry in Data Engineering, i.e. in topics related to the use of engineering techniques and methods in the design, development and assessment of data and information systems for different computing platforms and application environments.
Panel proposals are expected to address new, exciting, and controversial issues. They should be provocative, informative, and entertaining. Panel proposals should include:
- Summary of the topics to be covered.
- Name, affiliation and contact information for the panel chair.
- Names and affiliations of up to four panelists (in addition to the panel chair) who have made a commitment to participate.
- Short summary of their position statements.
- Brief biography of each participant.
A mix of industry and academic panel members is encouraged.
Panel proposals should be submitted by e-mail in ASCII format to the Panel Chairs.
Submission deadline: July 26th, 2011
Notification: October 4th, 2011
Final versions due November 8th, 2011